There are times when you feel like you carry the world in your hands alone. You feel like you can’t take it anymore, and that you need someone or something to help you get through it. There are also times when all you can say is, “I’m tired. I want to rest.” But why is it so hard to get through stress and depression? Why is it so hard to be happy? Why is it so hard to just get used to it? Why do we need to be stressed and depressed? Why?
So while feeling stressed and depressed, I thought of eating some ice cream. While eating a mango graham cake flavored ice cream, I thought of ways on how to overcome stress and depression. I don’t know if it would work on you, but it surely works on me, most of the time, honestly.
1. Take a deep breath. Close your eyes and take deep breaths. Inhale, then exhale. You need to relax yourself, and you should start it by clearing up your mind. Open your eyes when you feel like you feel a little better.
2. Try to smile. I know how hard it is to smile when you are stressed and depressed, but why don’t you just take it like an exercise? Trust me, it helps. And while you smile, think of positive moments.
3. Think of positive moments. Imagine happy memories that you have. If it’s from the past, or just something that happened recently, it would be better. It will somehow lighten up your mood.
4. Have fun, if you have time. If you are free, and your friends are free, try to have fun with them for awhile. See a movie, or travel somewhere, or you can also get some fresh air in peaceful places. It’s one way of relaxing, so I’m sure it helps.
5. Forget about all of your problems for awhile. Take a little time to forget about the burden that you are carrying. Take a day off and just think about yourself for awhile. Think about how it destroys you, and look for a solution. Don’t let your emotions eat you up. Trust me, when you think about your problems, it will just make you feel worse. So just set it all aside for a day or some days, and you can deal with it once your mind is already clear enough to think.
6. Talk to someone about what you’re feeling. Ask advice from a friend or from a relative. Keeping the depression inside you is not healthy. You should know how to let it all out and share it with your friends so they can give you advice on how you can get through it. There’s nothing wrong with it. It will help you think clearly and more positively.
7. Talk to yourself, but don’t be crazy. If you don’t want to share your problems with anyone, then just talk to yourself. Ask yourself what’s wrong, or if you’re feeling okay or not, or if you can still take it, or you can just think of solutions to your problems. Don’t do it in a way that people would think you’re going crazy or something like that. Just talk to yourself privately.
8. Pray. There’s nothing more powerful than a prayer. Talk to God, ask for guidance, ask for more strength, and ask for more positive vibes. Sometimes, all you need is guidance from God, so don’t be afraid to ask for some. It will all be worth it.
So if you are feeling stressed and depressed right now, like me, use these steps to feel better. There’s nothing wrong if you will follow these steps. 🙂